Mavericks is out for Final Version and everyone can enjoy it for free, except maybe you who downloaded the Beta or GM version legally or illegally. This tutorial is for you if you’re unable to download the final version of Mavericks from the App Store.
So if you’re trying to update Mavericks from the App store and you’re getting this message :
OS X v10.9 is already installed on this computer. Use the Updates page to install the 10.9 update or if you would like to download the full OS X installer click Continue.
After clicking continue, nothing happened : no download, no error, then you should definitively take a look at those steps below.
- Launch Mac App Store and leave it alone
- Go to your root hard drive and then /library/core services and copy SystemVersion.plist to another location (because you won’t be able to edit it from the library)
- Change version to 10.8 in the 2 bottom lines (it will allow app store to recognize your version as Mountain Lion 10.8).
- Save the file. Copy it. Paste it in the /library/core serviceSystemVersion.plist and replace the original file.
- Go back to App Store. click on the ”BIG MAVERICKS BANNER ON THE TOP” then click free.
- It should start downloading now (after you enter your credentials). Yay ! But keep up, we’re not done yet.
- When it starts to download, quit the App Store.
- Edit again the systemversion.plist on your desktop with original information (Change version to 10.9 in the 2 bottom lines). Otherwise App Store won’t relaunch.
- Save the file. Copy it. Paste it in the /library/core serviceSystemVersion.plist and replace the file.
- When you’ve done. relaunch App Store and you can see mavericks in purchased section and currently downloading.